Supercomputer Technology in the Social Sciences
The workshop is organized by the Central Economics and Mathematics Institute of the Russian Academy of Sciences as a part of Russian Supercomputing Days 2019.
Workshop venue: CEMI RAS, Moscow, Nakhimovsky Prospect, 47.
Workshop schedule: September 24, 2019, 10.30 am - 3.00 pm
At present, the development of supercomputer technologies is a priority for the development of the Russian economy. Note that in recent years have appeared many publications describing the experience of using supercomputers to solve problems in the natural sciences, while for the humanitarian sciences there is a gap. The main goal of the workshop is to support and develop research on humanitarian topics in the field of supercomputer technologies.
- Joshua M. Epstein, Director of the NYU Laboratory on Agent-Based Modeling; professor of the Department of Epidemiology of the College of Global Public Health; Affiliated Appointments to the School of Arts and Sciences and to the Courant Institute of Mathematical Sciences, USA.
- Shu-Heng Chen, Director of the AI-ECON Research Center, National Chengchi University, Taiwan.
- Flaminio Squazzoni, Full Professor of Sociology of the Department of Social and Political Sciences at the University of Milan, JASSS (The Journal of Artificial Societies and Social Simulation) Editor, Chair of PEERE, Head of GECS-Research Group on Experimental and Computational Sociology, Italy.
- Jie Wu, Chairman of the Board of Guangzhou Milestone Software Co., Ltd., Researcher at the Center for Economic and Social Integration and Forecasting of the Academy of Social Sciences of the PRC, Guest Professor, Academy of Social Sciences of the Guangdong Province, Beijing; Guangzhou, China.
- Zili Wu, Vice Chairman of Guangzhou Milestone Software Co., Ltd, Beijing; Guangzhou, China.
- Happy Marumo Sithole, Director of the Centre for High Performance Computing at the Council for Scientific and Industrial Research, Pretoria, South Africa.
- Animesh Dutta, Associate Professor of the Department of Computer Science and Engineering of the National Institute of Technology Durgapur, West Bengal, India.
- Alekseev A.Yu. , MSU
- Bakhtizin A.R., Corresponding member of the Russian Academy of Sciences , CEMI RAS (co-chair)
- Voevodin V. V., Corresponding member of the Russian Academy of Sciences, MSU RCC
- Gracheva M.V., MSU
- Zulkarnay I.U., Bashkir State University
- Ivanov V.V., Corresponding member of the Russian Academy of Sciences, RAS
- Kvint V.L., Academician of the Russian Academy of Sciences, MSU
- Makarov V.L., Academician of the Russian Academy of Sciences, CEMI RAS (co-chair)
- Malinetsky G.G., Keldysh Institute of Applied Mathematics
- Sokolov I.A., Academician of the Russian Academy of Sciences, MSU
- Sushko E.D., CEMI RAS
- Fomin-Nilov D.V., State Academic University for the Humanities
- Khabrieva T.Y., Academician of the Russian Academy of Sciences, Institute of Legislation and Comparative Law of the Russian Federation Government
- Shabunova A.A., VolSC RAS
- Shamakhov V.A., NWIM RANEPA
Topics of interest
- Agent-based modeling
- Social network analysis
- Simulation modeling
- Artificial societies as a tool for understanding a wide range of social issues
- New technologies for big data processing
- Software implementation of parallel computing
- Supercomputer modeling of socio-economic processes
Tatiana Konkova, firstname.lastname@example.org